- Definitions. The following terms shall have the meaning indicated.
- Our Web Site means the web site of The Harrison Firm, PC which You are presently viewing.
- Coverage. This policy statement applies to information We collect when You visit Our Web Site; however, it does not apply to information You send to Us by e-mail, including by using an e-mail link on Our Web Site. It also does not apply to other means by which You may communicate with Us. It describes how We treat Your Personal Information. This policy statement applies only to The Harrison Firm, PC and does not apply to any other person or entity, including those that link to or from Our Web Site.
- Information Collection. For those who subscribe to receive Our newsletter, We collect Personal Information about You (i) when You complete the subscription form, and (ii) when You visit pages in Our Web Site. For others who merely access Our Web Site, We collect Personal Information when You visit pages on Our Web Site. The Personal Information We collect when You visit Our Web Site includes Your IP Address and general information used for statistical purposes to help Us know how to improve Our Web Site. Such general information is collected anonymously by categories such as the number of visitors to Our Web Site, the number of visitors to specific pages of Our Web Site, the number of persons who subscribe to Our newsletter, the number of people who unsubscribe to Our newsletter, and the number of people who click on links.
- Use of Personal Information. We use Personal Information to respond to Your requests, to send Our newsletter to those who subscribe to receive it, and to collect statistical data of visits to Our Web Site. We are not in the business of collecting and selling personal information and do not sell or otherwise provide Personal Information about You to any third party, except as provided below in this paragraph. We may disclose Your Personal Information (i) if required to do so by law or court order, or in a good faith belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary, (ii) as permitted or required by the Rules of Professional Conduct applicable to lawyers in Virginia, (iii) to vendors or business associates who provide services to Us related to Our Web Site, (iv) to a potential purchaser of the stock or assets of The Harrison Firm, PC, or (v) as may be necessary in Our judgment to protect the property rights or personal safety of Us or the public.
- Security. We strive to take reasonable steps to protect Your Personal Information. However, no storage technology can be guaranteed to be 100% secure and most data transmission over the Internet is not secure. Security of Your Personal Information is also Your responsibility. Do not respond to an e-mail or other request from anyone which asks for any personal information about You. The “from” block on the e-mail message can easily be forged and there are many scams on the Internet which attempt to obtain personal information about You. If You are uncertain whether an e-mail message is from Us, do not “reply” to the message, but instead either telephone Us or send Us an original e-mail message at Our address on Our Web Site, asking if the message is authentic. If You believe that Your Personal Information has been compromised, please report it to Us immediately. If You believe You are a victim of identity theft, contact federal and Your state and local law enforcement authorities. The Federal Trade Commission has recommended steps about what You should do if You believe You are the victim of identity theft.
Effective Date: June 1, 2011
Copyright 2011 The Harrison Firm, PC. All rights reserved