I feel fortunate to have gained significant, broad-based business law experience with front-line responsibility starting early in my career. I have represented large and small clients and worked with and against some of the largest law firms in the country, on diverse and often complex matters, for many years. Holding both an MBA and a law degree, and having worked both in-house and as outside legal counsel, I bring perspectives and skills as a business lawyer which are uniquely attuned to the practical needs of people in business.
At age 28, I organized and was the one-person law department of an American Stock Exchange listed company. In 1977 I received, and eventually accepted, an unsolicited opportunity to begin the private practice of law with a law firm of the highest rating. In 1991, I formed The Harrison Firm, PC where I currently practice.
I commit to provide you with effective, timely and personal representation.
Previous Professional Positions:
- Attorney, Wetherington and Flippin, PC, Roanoke, VA 1981-1991
- Attorney, Martin, Hopkins and Lemon, PC, Roanoke, VA 1978-1981
- Legal Counsel, Tennessee Forging Steel Corporation, Harriman, TN 1974-1978
- Agent, Criminal Investigation Division, Department of the Army, 1970-71
- Military Police, U. S. Army, 1968-70
- University of Oregon School of Law, Eugene, Oregon, Doctor of Jurisprudence
- The American University Kogod College of Business, Washington, D. C.
Master of Business Administration, Corporate Finance, 1973
- Oregon State University College of Business, Corvallis, Oregon, Bachelor of Science, Finance
- Former member, Board of Governors
- Former member, Long Range Planning Committee
- Former Chair, Safety and Education
- Former member, Board of Directors
Roanoke Ski Club – member
Roanoke Valley Bird Club – member
Exposure Roanoke (Photography Group) – member